Sunday, July 17, 2011

BP4_Voki

Voki

For this week web 2.0 tools I ran into a pretty interesting website called voki. Voki is a web tool where you can choose your own avatar and record yourself speaking.

First, you start by customizing your own avatar. You can choose the shape of your face, hair , mouth, clothing to look like.  Then, you can add some bling and also a background.


After you are done customizing your avatar you can start recording your material or your own thoughts. You can decide whether speak by using your phone, or for those that are shy and don’t like to hear their own voice, you can choose the key option that provides a text box where you can type what you want to say. Finally you can also choose to record your own voice as well.


When exploring this website I found out that voki supports education. Teachers are creating their own avatars. They are recording their material, posting them into their own blogs and websites in order to engage students in a creative and innovative expression. Here they have a teacher community, where they can share their thoughts, post lesson plans and find some support from other educators that had worked with this great and helpful web tool.

One again, I am pretty interested and looking forward to work with voki this coming up school year. I would like for my students to create their own avatar and record their thoughts on given topics in class. I think that I also would help those students that are shy and don’t like to speak in public when they have to give their presentations. 
Here is a link to view my avatar that I created...

No comments:

Post a Comment