Saturday, July 16, 2011

PE2_iMovie training Part II


 By going over the never ending videos from chapter 5 to 8 I started to feel pretty good about my experience with the footage and guidelines that Garrick was explaining with his videos. So I started to work with the exercises files provided by the Garrick Chow, author of the iMovie 11 essential training.


 I have worked on iMovie previously and it was always difficult for me to find my imported videos or photos. I found out that I was not placing them exactly where I wanted them to be.


Then, adding clips to your project I found out that there was an easier way just by clinking “Edit-tool E”. It was faster this way.  Also, adding titles and transitions are concepts that I had already practice before, but it is always good to refresh your memory.

Another, pretty cool feature that I learned with this tutorial was the green screen effect. It’s amazing how you can project a background from another video or picture into another picture or video.  I would really like to try  to work with this effect one of these days. 

Finally, the part that impressed me the most was creating movie trailers. Now, with this wonderful feature I am able to create videos that would almost look like the ones we see for our favorite movies. It’s all set up for you. You just  have to drop the clip or picture and add the name of the characters or people that were in the film, then click done and you got yourself a movie trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment