Friday, July 15, 2011

PE1_iMovie Part 1












For this week blog assignment, I had to watch over 3 hours and half of an iMovie video training for my ETC class at   Lynda.com .

 I just finished watching the first 4 chapters of 8 of the training videos and I have already learned a lot. Let’s just say that I am really looking forward for the next few chapters as well.

It is pretty amazing how easy is iMovie to work with. It really makes it simple to use.
As I was going over the footage, I realized that I did not name my events files or projects properly on my event library so I went back and started to name my events.



Then, I learned something new too, how to rate videos clips and tag keywords. It actually makes your experience a lot easier to go over clips and use just the material you consider good to work with. You just have to select a video as favorite by clicking the green star and what you don’t need you can unmark it and delete as well, by clicking the gray star. So in order to put in practice these new tools, I went back to my old iMovie videos and started to mark as favorite and unmark those videos that were just taking space in my hard drive.





With tagging keywords, it also makes it easier when you have to search for footage that are similar or related to the project that you might be working with. You just have to go to preferences and click where it says show advanced tools. This will show a symbol of an old key. By clicking this button you can select what type of setting your clip is in and then you have yourself a tag video.

No comments:

Post a Comment